SAL-GONE PRODUCT BULLETIN
Sal-Gone is a mixed product designed to control sodium pollution in the soil due to brine spills.
It effectively blocks sodium ions that interfere with plant growth and dramatically increases the capacity of ion exchange in the soil.
This increase in ion exchange capacity prevents sodium from reacting in the soil and allows rain water to wash away that sodium.
Planting can begin immediately after treatment.
In cases of extreme damage to soil structure, RemediAde must be added to cause polymerization with Sal-Gone. Fertilizer can also be added to support plant life. A simple lab test can determine if this is necessary.
After full implementation, planting can begin immediately.
An average treatment consists of 55 gallons per acre-foot, applied in two separate applications, for chloride levels of 28,000 ppm.
1. Analyze the soil to determine the necessary additives.
2. Till or plow the ground to incorporate the residues.
3. Spray the contaminated area with Sal-Gone diluted at 10:01 and ensure good coverage. Rates of 27 gallons UP TO 82.5 gallons per acre foot may be required for the first spray. A gallon of Sal-Gone treats approximately 790 square feet, with 10 inches of depth.
4. Re-till or plow to incorporate the product into the soil.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4.
6. Plant vegetation if necessary.
7. If RemediAde is needed, apply it first diluted at a rate of 20:1 and till the soil. The needed fertilizers can be applied at any time.
METHODS AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF PREPARATION AND APPLICA- TION
Shake the bottle well before using Sal-Gone, carefully open the package and measure with a probe or some other graduated plastic utensil, pour the stated amount of Grow Mate Sal-Gone into a bucket and mix with water, stir, then add to the spray tank or spray backpack and stir again.
This product should not be ingested and contact with eyes must be avoided. In case of contact with eyes, flush with water. The use of protecti- ve equipment (industrial lenses) is suggested. Does not cause skin irritation.
TRANSPORTATION AND STORAGE RECOMMENDATIONS
Do not transport or store with humans or animals food products. Keep in a cool, dry place at temperatures not exceeding 50 degrees Celsius. Avoid leaving it in the sun, keep tightly closed in its original package.